and the results…

9:55 PM Edit This 0 Comments »

This morning I put my soaked yarn into one of the mason jars along with some of the water it had soaked in and then poured 3 packets of grape koolaid on top and swirled it around a little so the powder was mixed in well.  I had a ver dark purple water…almost black looking:

mms95picture

I left for work at 8 am and just left it up to fate.  LOL!  Well, I left it in the capable hands of my husband and father in law.  Last night when I was telling everyone my plans for the yarn I was wrapping around the kiddie chairs, they all thought I was a little silly, but I guess they’re used to that from me.  LOL!  They were all eager to see the results however.  So, this morning I left for work and eagerly looked forward to updates from my hubby on the progress of my yarn.  So, all day he kept telling me the water had not changed, it still looks just as it did this morning.  I got home tonight at 7:30 pm, I was not too eager because Chris had told me all day it was the same.  So, this was the result:

mms_picture (6)

Do you see it?????????

mms_picture (5)

The water is CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WOOHOOOO!!!!!  IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was jumping for joy…I was so excited.  So, I rinsed it and the water was clear in the rinse and it smelled sooo yummy too.  :)

mms_picture (4)

See the jar with the clear water, it’s just an amazing process.  And this is the yarn wrung out a bit and hanging to dry:

mms_picture (3)

mms_picture (2)

I canNOT WAIT to knit this yarn up into something….not too sure what it will be, I am thinking socks!  I can’t believe it worked!!!!!  WOOHOO!!!

0 comments: